version and debug statements

Derek Parnell derek at psych.ward
Wed May 10 12:11:37 PDT 2006

On Fri, 12 May 2006 23:41:09 +1000, Bruno Medeiros
<brunodomedeirosATgmail at SPAM.com> wrote:

> On the other hand, it happens that here that the "each do a particular
> job well" has something to be said: there is much overlap in the jobs of
> both utils (the compiler and build), such in fact that I think their
> jobs are not that different.

However, with the next release of Build the differences will be much more
pronounced. I've completed the coding for v3.0 of Build and I'm just
tidying up the docs this weekend. The main new feature, which btw makes it
diverge from DMD, is a macro processor. At this stage its only a text
replacement feature but in subsequent releases it will have a fully
functional macro processor included (which is already designed and
prototyped).

Just as an example, it can now transform things such as
   "for i = 1 to 100 do"
   "for(int i = 1; i <= 100; i++){"

--
Derek Parnell