A gentle critque..

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Mon May 15 00:42:19 PDT 2006

Walter Bright wrote:

> One of my concerns about me writing such a tool is that people will have
> too high expectations of it, and when it fails to deliver 100% automated
> conversion, it'll give the rest of D a bad image.

Adding it as a part of the compiler might be tricky to do "right"...

People will still need such a tool, though ? As 90% is more than "0%".
But I can see the problems with bundling as a "silver bullet" package.

> The first thing someone new to D will do is try to run the converter
> across all their C header files. The converter will fail miserably.
> They'll just dismiss D as a buggy piece of ****.

Funny, that's about what happened with Ddoc and my own D files :-)

But I didn't just dismiss Ddoc because of that, as it had potential ?
(even if I'm still using Doxygen, because it has some neat features)

--anders