A gentle critque..

Chad J gamerChad at _spamIsBad_gmail.com
Mon May 15 01:21:54 PDT 2006

Lars Ivar Igesund wrote:

> This isn't a "just because", C++ is known to be excessively hard to compile
> right, and one of the goals of D is to be easy to compile, to make sure you
> actually get compilers that are standard compliant and produce correct code
> within a sensible timeframe.

Like I said, I wouldn't expect it to be part of the D spec.  It could be
just some sort of temporary thing that serves its purpose while C plus
plus gets phased out of existence.  I think D would win over C plus plus
programmers much more quickly if it made the use of their old code as
easy as possible.  D, After winning the same massive popularity as C
plus plus has enjoyed, would then no longer need such a capability.