A gentle critque..

sailormoontw sailormoontw_member at pathlink.com
Mon May 15 09:31:03 PDT 2006

For example, about the DirectX Wrapper what I can find the latest one is one in
a Japanese site. http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA031566/d_direct3d9/, I've
searched the D Forum and there seems no newer version of DirectX wrapper. I
downloaded the hdk library, and when I linked the library with its sample codes,
the optlink fails with a runtime exception. I know it must be the version
imcompatible, and then, I try to recompile the source. Not only did I find some
codes need to rewrite but after all the codes seemed fixed to get a successful
compilation, some the samples still cannot run at all. I find its for the
mqoreader.d, but should I spend time to debug it??

Nope, it's hard to debug other's code, and I can feel the frustration of the
author of hdk for the frequent changing of D. I think that's the reason he or
she stopped upgrading. And if I want to upgrade the codes, I think I will face
the same problem, and not to say there isn't a good debugger to help.

Well, maybe I should not choose DirectX, SDL with derelict library seems more
stable and ready. I still hope there is a good DirectX wrapper to use...