A gentle critque..

Don Clugston dac at nospam.com.au
Tue May 16 01:32:55 PDT 2006

Walter Bright wrote:
> Don Clugston wrote:
>> The Windows API project
>> http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?WindowsAPI
>> is well on the way towards converting all of the Windows API headers
>> (including DirectX) into D. Stewart Gordon has done a great job of
>> ensuring that this will be the definitive translation in D, and many
>> of these types of problems will disappear once this project is
>> complete, because we'll have a standard code base to improve.
>
> I agree. That project is a first rate example of what the D community
> can do in a collaborative effort. Kudos to all involved with it.

We'll also need updated versions of the Windows import libs (since the
ones provided with D don't have the recent functions). Do you have a
license to redistribute the more recent ones?

Secondly, do you think it would be possible to use pragma(lib) to
eliminate the concept of 'default libraries' at least for the Windows
headers?
It seems to me that that's another C/C++ annoyance that D could abolish.