Accessing C++ code from D

Lars Ivar Igesund larsivar at igesund.net
Tue May 16 07:55:46 PDT 2006

Hasan Aljudy wrote:

> I'm thinking of the OGRE project. http://www.ogre3d.org/
> It's very well designed and written. I think it uses a good Object
> Oriented style. I would love to see it converted to D.

Yes, the Sinbad project at DSource was supposed to be an implementation of
OGRE in D. Even if OGRE is fairly clean, it use quite a bit of MI which
isn't easily solvable in D without changing how things should work. Also,
OGRE is heavily relying upon plugins, which currently are somewhat
difficult to do in D, although DDL is getting there. It is also using a bit
of STL, so all in all I suspect it is a typical C++ library that is
typically difficult to convert to D without huge manual efforts.

--
Lars Ivar Igesund
blog at http://larsivi.net