Nonagon (Re: Accessing C++ code from D)

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Tue May 16 13:25:53 PDT 2006

"Kyle Furlong" <kylefurlong at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:e4dbp2$1brv$1 at digitaldaemon.com...

> Do you have plans to abstract away from DirectX?

Perhaps once I've become truly comfortable with DirectX ;)

Though the engine design itself is kind of.. automatically moving itself
away from platform-dependence.  I'm not consciously doing it, but as I
reorganize the engine, it just ends up that way.  For example, so far
working on R5, I've abstracted mesh data and loading, I've abstracted some
of the OS interfaces, and I've clearly delineated the two pipelines, so all
the common code would be pretty much implementation-independent.  So, with
maybe one more major release of nonagon (R6, one after the next), it might
be abstracted enough that making a platform-independent version of it
wouldn't be too hard.