vxl

sclytrack at pi.be sclytrack at pi.be
Wed May 17 01:12:05 PDT 2006

Lapack
------

On netlib you have the numerical library written in fortran 77, latest version
is lapack3. There is a C version automatically created with f2c called clapack.

Lapack3e
--------

lapack3e fortran 90 version of the lapack library modified for being thread
safe. I'm still unable to compile it with gfortran (fortran 95 compiler).
Apparently some people have compiled it succesfully with g95 (fortran 95
compiler). I still had problems. g95 (GPL like gdc), gfortran (part of gcc)

Other
-----

There are other versions for parallell computing, but that's another chaotic
mess.

vxl
---

vxl currently uses an f2c version of linpack (lapack is newer). It has been
suggested that in the future they might upgrade to lapack3e.

I think the fastest way to a numerical library for D is to manually "translate"
the vxl/vnl library.

vxl.sourceforge.net

On another note, I still have a question about D. D does range check on arrays
data[x] = 2;
Is it possible to compile this without the range checking. Or do I have
to revert to int * data to avoid those?