d-programming-language.org template

Tiberiu Gal Tiberiu_member at pathlink.com
Thu May 18 02:01:17 PDT 2006

In article <e4hahl$uci$1 at digitaldaemon.com>, nick says...

>Tiberiu Gal wrote:
>> http://dworks.marte.ro/template3
>>

>I am not trying to push my layout so much as I don't want everyone to go
>and make their own (this is a common trend in the D community). Also, I
>am concerned (read "I am almost certain") that the template you suggest
>will be impossible to implement well with just CSS.
>
>The most immediate problem is that you seem to rely on a lot of images;
>how will you handle font size scaling without using tables?
>
>Have you considered using an existing template?
>http://www.hcoop.net/~natamas/d/template.html

just css? why? what's wrong with tables?
I know what's wrong with tables, I also know what's wrong with css, I preffer
tables for layout, I only use css for text formating (that's may way)
I know your template, it's clean, very easy to implement, ...but it doesn't say
much. I make everything a bit more bombastic, that's how I work. it's not always
the best option, I know...but it says "this is different, this is not like the
rest, we have something special". many people go for the image and the content
is left behind.
I hope I'm not too pushy with my style... this is just an option, the community
will have to decide