Tracking down Access Violations

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Thu May 18 17:49:01 PDT 2006

"Jeremy" <Jeremy_member at pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:e4j2uv$7av$1 at digitaldaemon.com...

> The "-g" option gives me "forward reference" errors so I cannot run it
> through a
> debugger and get good results (correct?).

That sounds like a bug.  You shouldn't get forward reference errors just by
turning on the "generate debug info" flag.  That's the best way to track
down the access violation - debug the program.  If you can get that
working...

(Of course, if you're like me, chances are this is caused by dereferencing a
null object reference.  Which could be checked by D before calling any
methods on objects, but Walter feels that access violations are _more_ than
enough to track down bugs.)