SDL* and GL bindings

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Mon May 22 11:54:35 PDT 2006

Bruno Medeiros wrote:

> Yes, they use different "lib" formats, and to link successfully you have
> to rebuild the .lib with DMC from the sources, or, more easily, you now
> have the "coffimplib" tool that does that work:
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/c++/announce/864.html

Yeah, it's probably just me but those tools just kept crashing...

> But what has this to do with the compatibility of the D bindings
> themselves? Seems to me it doesn't affect it at all.

None, it's just that I could see how people want "function pointers"
on non-GNU Windows where linking to shared libraries can be a hassle.

>> For me coming from Unix, it's easier to just use MSYS: configure && make
>> But DMC/DMD and DM-Make/Build might be easier if you're used to Windows?
>
> I think Build is easier in *any* platform.

When it works, I had a hard time getting started with it on the Mac.

> Also, I use Windows, but I have MSYS installed and use it often. In
> fact, in the semester that I had some C++ projects, I used mingw's GCC
> (plus Eclipse CDT) more often than MS VC++.
> In any case this is all besides the point.

Indeed. :-) But I think I got both DMC and GCC sorted out, for wxD.
For things such as these SDL/GL headers, it should be a lot easier...

--anders