library license

Daniel Keep daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 23 23:20:28 PDT 2006

Standard disclaimer: IANAL (I am not a lawyer)

I believe the terms of the BSD are basically: "do whatever you like,
just make sure you attribute the original source in both source and binary."

Looking at the zlib license, it's mostly the same except that it doesn't
have the second BSD clause:

"Redistributions in *binary form* must reproduce the above copyright
documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution."

Nor does it have the non-endorsement clause.

So I don't think the zlib license would be compatible.  The safest thing
to do would just be to distribute the changed version under BSD as well.
 If you really *really* want to apply the zlib license, then consult a
lawyer.

	-- Daniel Keep

--

v1sw5+8Yhw5ln4+5pr6OFma8u6+7Lw4Tm6+7l6+7D
a2Xs3MSr2e4/6+7t4TNSMb6HTOp5en5g6RAHCP    http://hackerkey.com/