Anyone know what this error is?

Joe Joe_member at pathlink.com
Wed May 24 09:54:39 PDT 2006

In article <e505ja$8eh$1 at digitaldaemon.com>, Andrew Fedoniouk says...

>"Joe" <Joe_member at pathlink.com> wrote in message
>news:e500t1$35i$1 at digitaldaemon.com...
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I've been researching this one error for many hours now using google and
>> this
>> discussion group, but have not come up with a solution.
>>
>> Can anyone tell me what this error is and how to fix it?
>>
>> Error 42: Symbol Undefined __init_5win324cool
>>
>> I have seen Symbol Undefineds before, and it's usually a missing lib or
>> something. Yes, other code in the same program is accessing the win32API,
>> but
>> the struct which is generating the error isn't external to the code...
>>
>> I have a file called win32, and the struct inside that is called cool (a
>> temp
>> name). And it has to do with a static array inside the struct.
>>

>This seems like exactly the same problem I've got in Harmonia.
>
>Try to remove -inline flag from call of dmd.exe - should help.
>
>Andrew
>http://terrainformatica.com

Thanks Andrew, but that did not work. I pasted the struct I was using into the
main code file, and that worked. But as Bruno suggested, I wasn't actually
specifying my win32.d file on the dmd command line. That is odd that it needed
it, I thought the compiler would auto pull that in, and generate a master code
file for compilation.

joe