Python/D API

David Rushby David_member at pathlink.com
Wed May 24 14:39:45 PDT 2006

In article <e52igv$2pd$1 at digitaldaemon.com>, Kirk McDonald says...

>There are numerous references in a Google search to Deja Augustine's
>port of the Python/C API headers to D, but the site
>(http://www.scratch-ware.net/dfiles/) is down, and apparently has been
>for a while.
>The header (I quickly discovered) is for version 2.3 of Python, where
>the current version is 2.4.

Deja Augustine's version is outdated and also limited in its coverage of the
Python API.  Try this:
http://kinterbasdb.sourceforge.net/other/d/celerid-2006_03_19.zip

That zip includes a trivial example.  It worked fine with Python 2.4.x and the
then-current version of D last time I tried it (which was March 19, 2006).

However, it doesn't work at all on non-Windows platforms because [the Digital
Mars implementation of] D only supports dynamic linking on Windows.  That fact
alone prevents me from using D for anything useful.