D vs D (Digital Mars vs Sun)

Robert.Atkinson at NOSPAM.gmail.com.NOSPAM Robert.Atkinson at NOSPAM.gmail.com.NOSPAM
Fri May 26 10:56:49 PDT 2006

Not sure if anyone knows about this, but Sun's scripting language for DTrace is
also called D

http://www.sun.com/software/solaris/howtoguides/dtracehowto.jsp

"See the Solaris Dynamic Tracing Guide at
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-6223 for more details on the D language and
DTrace."

Obviously this can cause some confusion, as I was telling my co-worker about D
and he said he hated Sun.  It was only my perplexed look of why he would hate
Sun and what that had to do with D that we investigated and discovered the dual
use of the "D language"

Of course... this may be old news and I'm just out of it :D

Rob