D vs D (Digital Mars vs Sun)

Bob W nospam at aol.com
Fri May 26 16:49:37 PDT 2006

>> Sun's point of view:
>> http://forum.sun.com/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=75217
>
> I've heard that before. Sun made no public announcement of their D until
> late 2003 that I've ever been able to locate, and by then our D was well
> established. While they're right that the letter "D" cannot be
> trademarked, they shouldn't have done it.

It's probably irrelevant how they have named their scripting language
because I can hardly imagine their product drawing big crowds. Your
D language, however, has made it in the meanwhile into the top 20
at the TIOBE TPCI, leaving Fortran behind and probably catching Ada
next month or so.

Well done!