Rebuilding Phobos

Bob W nospam at aol.com
Sun May 28 05:19:46 PDT 2006

Although I am pretty happy with D and its features,
I wanted to modify Phobos a bit. After checking it
out I have recognized that many files will not compile
with the '-w' (enable warnings) switch. So I have
modified all culprits and would be ready to build
my new Phobos version.

I have briefly checked the newsgroups and it seems
that building Phobos is not so straightforward as
originally thought, because there were quite a few
posts where people complained about several little
issues (missing masm.exe, etc.). In addition to that I
had the impression that the makefile contains
references to source files which are actually not
part of the 0.159 download.

Before I start testing my patched up Phobos
version, I'd like to know what problems I could
run into and how to avoid them.

Thanks for any feedback.