Rebuilding Phobos

Bob W nospam at aol.com
Mon May 29 07:31:11 PDT 2006

"Lionello Lunesu" <lio at lunesu.remove.com> wrote in message
news:e5e96v$2779$1 at digitaldaemon.com...
> Here's a win32.mak that works for me. Change the CFLAGS and DFLAGS on
> top to build with debug-info/unittests.
>
> It's pretty simply, really. I had to remove the references to recls.obj,
> realtest.obj and gamma.obj.
>
> Remember to do "attrib +r minit.obj" before you clean/del *.obj, since
> you'll need masm to build that one yourself.
>
> L.

Thank you very much for your info. It was important for me to know
that someone has successfully re-built Phobos using the source files
supplied with the latest releases, because the Phobos makefile was
obviously looking like it needed some overhaul.

After reading your first message, I have started yesterday to
modify both the Phobos and the internal\gc makefile. This was
necessary, because my directory structure does not match the one
required for the makefiles to work properly. For some strange
reason a full path is given to the dmd compiler, while the C compiler
is assumed to be found in the default path. (You might want to
modify your makefile(s) accordingly, if you ever attempt to move
the dmd directories).

Then I have extracted the probably obsolete realtest.obj and
gamma.obj from the original phobos.lib. I add them later to the
newly built library in order to avoid comparison mismatches.

Thanks again.