Eclipse plugin

Charlie charlies at nowhere.com
Wed Nov 1 07:18:26 PST 2006

Ok with a fresh eclipse install , it works perfect.  It was that I had
DDT installed prior to Descent, then used the Manage Configuration to
uninstall DDT ( after I copied the Descent folders over ) , which also
deleted descent from the New Project list for some reason.  Trying after
the DDT uninstall to copy the Descent folders to eclipse continues to
fail, so people installing Descent make sure DDT is uninstalled first.
Ill add this to the forum / wiki page.

Awesome job though, highlights errors per file, and a great outline as
well.  This is going to make life much easier!

Ary Manzana wrote:
> Charlie escribió:
>> Ok I see, I have to first install DDT , then unzip the package.
>
> No, it dosen't depend on DDT. In fact I guess they conflict with each
> other.
>>
>> Then it gives me *two* D project options, and only the icon is different.
>
> The one from the descent plugin creates a "src" folder, check this to be
> sure.
>

>> After finding out that the open folder with the D is the descent
>> project type I get it working, and the parser works great!  I would
>> think this is one of the hardest parts so its cool to see how far
>> you've developed it.
>>
>> I didn't get highlighted errors as I typed however.
>
> Probably because my editor wasn't being used: instead, the DDT editor
> was used.
>

>> This looks like its going to be a great project.
>>
>> Charlie
>>
>> Charlie wrote:
>>>  > As anyone tried the plugin? I'm looking for some feedback...
>>>
>>> I can't get it to work, I unzip the package , it expands to
>>>
>>> features/descent.ui_1.0.0.jar
>>> plugins/*core*
>>> plugins/*tests*