General coding question

mike vertex at gmx.at
Thu Nov 2 11:35:21 PST 2006

Hi!

Don't really know where to post this, hope it's ok to post it here ...

Does anybody know how it's possible that I suddenly run into random
BAD_POOL_CALLER blue screens with my project? Google doesn't really help,
since every advice is: check your RAM, check your hard drive, reinstall
windows ... but I haven't found anything related to what mistakes in
coding lead to that.

Particularly when exiting my program I've had some blue screens, sometimes
at the precise moment I hit the ESC key. Sometimes it happens when I'm
only looking at the screen the wrong way. It's a bit frustrating to track
that down, too, since I can't reproduce it at all and there seems to be no
real pattern when it appears, other than that it happens since maybe a
week ago and seems to be happening more often when exiting the program.
The only things that are new in my program is that I load Winmm.dll to do
some stuff and that my SDL GUI code is more complex now than it was before.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

-Mike