Design By Contract

Mike Parker aldacron71 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 3 06:25:00 PST 2006

Don Clugston wrote:

> In my C++ code, the most common bugs only occur in release mode. I
> stopped using debug mode for that reason; in C++, I normally only use
> the equivalent of -release and -release -debug.

Which isn't really equivalent to DMD for most C++ compilers, where
specifying debug symbols also sets a special define (where as D's -debug
and -g are two different things). Some C++ compilers also handle
variable initialization differently when debug mode is turned on, which
is one reason why some bugs are more likely to show up in release mode.
All D's debug mode does is make version(debug) true.