Prime time???

Charlie charlies at nowhere.com
Fri Nov 3 12:40:32 PST 2006

The other languages just move much slower ;).

Its not that new releases break old code ( though it sometimes does ) ,
its that when new features are added - the old code needs to be
refactored to take advantage of the new features.

I like that D is cutting edge and trying things that haven't been done
before, but to develop any lasting code developers need some sort of
agreed upon language feature set , so it doesn't feel like we're in a
never ending refactoring circle ( this is especially true of library
builders I would think ).

Why not devote a few releases to getting a 1.0 , and continue with a
developmental branch , working its way to 2.0, best of both worlds.  I
don't want to hinder D  development, and if it takes another few years
to get a 1.0 so be it, but I think building up a solid base of existing
code is going to be important to getting D into the mainstream.

Charlie