Prime time???

Tiberiu Gal galtiberiu at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 10:52:04 PST 2006

On Sat, 04 Nov 2006 20:04:51 +0200, Bill Baxter <wbaxter at gmail.com> wrote:

>   But D is aiming to be a replacement for the languages that people use
> to write Really Big Programs (as well as small ones) that can do
> anything and everything. So I think that affects how people think about
> what constitutes 1.0.
>
> --bb

I don't see 1.0 as a feature complete compiler - I see it is a stable
compiler.
Everything is changing and we're all full of bugs. I'm sure that many look
at a 1.0 label as stable!( not just my boss, but I heard people talking on
#D irc)
And we all know D's power, everyone saw the language comparision sheet, we
need that sign from Walter "use it, it's stable!".
I'm not dreaming, I know it won't change the world overnight but it will
bring some audience, advertisment, and a handfull of undecided programmers.