Prime time???

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Sun Nov 5 11:40:45 PST 2006

Samuel MV wrote:
> I see your point. But I think it's not the same to break code because of a bug,
> that because of there is a change in the way templates, variadic, delegates or
> operator overload works.
>
> I know that 1.00 it's only a number, that DMD 0.173 it's better than C++ 12.00 (it
> was better with 0.73). I'm only asking for two branches: 'stable' and
> 'development', to make things more ease for developers.
>
> I want to use D, but I need to get the things done in my job, I need to solve the
> problems of an application, not fight with the language.

I think Walter is right, the code changes introduced by new features
(not bugs) are very rarely backwards-incompatible (even more rarely that
they should be, IMO, but that's another story), so I don't see as valid
this idea that you have to refactor your code with each new major
release. If you don't have time to use, or don't want to use the new
features of a release, simply don't, you won't be any worse because of that.

--
Bruno Medeiros - MSc in CS/E student