automatic debugging / disabling D's built-in exeption handler

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 12:41:05 PST 2006

By following the instructions given, eg, here:
http://www.codeproject.com/debug/windbg_part1.asp#_Toc64133667

it should be possible to make the debugger pop up automatically for
programs that have exceptions.

According to the article above:
"WinDbg will be launched if an application throws an exception while not
being debugged and does not handle the exception itself"

Apparently D does some sort of top-level catch of such exceptions right
now, because sticking an "asm { int 3; }" in the code just prints the
message "Error: Win32 Exception" instead of launching the debugger.  Is
there some way to disable that?

--
Really what I was trying to do was see if I could get Visual Studio to
debug D code.  Actually it sort of works.  If you have a program with a

But you can't examine variables.  VisualStudio could tell that there was
a "this" pointer, and knew it was of type MyClass, but it couldn't tell
what was inside of 'this'.  I wonder if there's a way to make a Visual
Studio plugin that would give you this ability?

--bb