1.0 ??

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Mon Nov 6 02:55:10 PST 2006

Bill Baxter wrote:

> Current GDC is based on 0.162 from June 22.  Over ten releases, 4
> months,  dozens of bug fixes, and at least ten significant features
> behind DMD.

To be fair, "current GDC" is up to about DMD 166 or so.
http://dgcc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/dgcc/trunk/d/

It is still 2 months and lack D 2.0 features, but anyway...
I haven't done any gdcmac/gdcwin, waited for a GDC release.

I have been working on a GUI library and an IDE instead. :-)

> In your estimation, for someone who knows what they are doing, how long
> should it take to update GDC for 'an average DMD release'?  Is the
> problem just that we've been lacking anyone who meets the qualifications
> since July?  Did I miss the good old days when GDC and DMD used to walk
> hand in hand and frolic in the Autumn mist?

David Friedman is the one maintaining the GDC compiler...
I don't think there would be a GCC D Compiler without him.

Historic track record for DMD and GDC releases is at:
http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?HistoryRoadmap

It averages around two weeks, except when David is busy.

--anders