Eclipse plugin

Ary Manzana ary at esperanto.org.ar
Mon Nov 6 19:46:37 PST 2006

Bruno Medeiros escribió:
> Let me know when you get back.

I'm back.

 > I have a lot of questions, it would be
> nice if we could exchange IM contacts (MSN, YM?), for now, I'm usually
> at the D IRC channel (bruno_m).

Which server? I didn't find it. My MSN is asterite ĉe hotmail punkto com.

> For starters: "Ported most of DMD lexer and parser code. " - What do you
> mean "most" ? And what task are you planning to do next?

In http://www.dsource.org/projects/descent/wiki/WikiStart I added a
section below, "How to help?". There you'll find the explantation for
"most". Actually, the lexer and parser code are ported, but the source
ranges for elements are still missing for a lot of elements, as well as
the nice AST interfaces.

> My original planning was for me to do first an IDE-decoupled
> command-line tool that would perform some operations
> useful-even-outside-of-an-IDE, like code beautification or refactoring.
> This isn't just for project phased planning or code abstraction, I think
> it's a worthy goal of itself. Such IDE-decoupled tool could then be used
> by developers who use another IDE,editor (or none at all). Perhaps it
> could also be useful (by porting or direct use) to other IDEs in the
> future. (like Poseidon maybe?)

Sounds like an interesting project, but I don't like the idea of a
plugin using command lines. But that's just me.

> Anyways, I'm gonna keep looking at you code and what it can do, I still
> have only taken a quick look at it.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate. I suppose the little
explanation on the dsource page won't suffice, but taking a look at
which lines don't get covered by the tests gives a big hint on what to
program next.

Ary

P.D.: What is the <g> everyone use in their messages?