Iterators for D

Sean Kelly sean at f4.ca
Mon Nov 6 15:50:53 PST 2006

Walter Bright wrote:
> Sean Kelly wrote:
>> Is it worth discussing whether the pointer-style C++ iterators are the
>> best approach?  They certainly are if random access iterators are a
>> requirement, but if we're just implementing forward and reverse
>> iterators, the all-in-one Java approach may be better.  In that vein,
>> I  assume alose that reverse iteration would work with reverse
>> iterators and an .rbegin type method instead of .begin and
>> foreach_reverse?
>
> Hmm, or it could be done starting with .end and going to .begin.

Yup.  About the only potentially weird thing there is that, assuming C++
  style iterators, it would require reverse iterators and forward
iterators to be comparable to one another.  And, I suppose, for .end to
return a reverse style iterator even for sequences that don't support
reverse iteration?

Sean