Array Slice Ranges

Trevor Parscal trevorparscal at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 8 23:36:58 PST 2006

== Quote from Bill Baxter (dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com)'s article
> __ is a legal identifier though, so you'd need spaces to use it generally.
> Maybe
>    arr[2~~3] -- two dots stretch out and squgglified?
>    arr[2**2] -- two dots gone hairy?
>    arr[2::3] -- two dots .. on top of two dots ..
>    arr[2``3] -- closest you can get to two dots up high
>    arr[2##3] -- eh..
>    arr[N@@B] -- heh heh
>    Or how just put it all together: arr[2`~.@#:3]
> --bb

Yes, arr[2`~.@#:3] does look pretty clean....

I see what you mean about _ being a legal identifier...

Perhaps arr[0 .-. 5] ?

Forget it.. I know there's no chance in hell this is gonna get added to the
language even if magically a new symbol was made on everyone's keyboards that
meant THROUGH but wasnt a - and had no other use except this specific purpose....

But I'm not angry about this, so long as walter continues working on D and doesnt
retire in Florida and throw his computer away I'm happy.