Is D appropriate for creating a stable production app?

Chris Nicholson-Sauls ibisbasenji at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 06:32:44 PST 2006

Bill Baxter wrote:
> One thing I'm curious about -- has anyone out there used D extensively
> for a 24/7 server type app?  I mean the kind of thing that would expose
> slow leaks in the GC and other robustness problems like that.

I have the Bovis server project which is meant to run this way, and so far in the
progressive test builds there haven't been any issues, but these have had fairly short
uptimes (a couple of days or so at most).  Hopefully soon I'll be pouring some time into
it and have a more serious test build sitting and running around the same time D1.0 comes
out.  Then we will know.  :)

-- Chris Nicholson-Sauls