auto storage class - infer or RAII?

Tomas Lindquist Olsen tomas at famolsen.dk
Tue Nov 14 11:13:20 PST 2006

Walter Bright wrote:
> Lionello Lunesu wrote:
>> Confusing.. I thought const in D meant really 'constant'. If a const
>> in a function can have different values across calls, then I suppose a
>> const for a class can have different value for different instances too?
>
> Yes.
Where is this documented? I've tried finding it in the spec but to no
luck. I think a section going into details on all storage classes would
be a good thing!

The main problem I have with the D spec is that a lot of stuff is very
spread out, and finding the place where the detail you're looking for
is, is often pretty hard.