Implies operator

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 14 16:15:52 PST 2006

Hasan Aljudy wrote:
> Mariano wrote:
<snip>
>> but the implication makes it far more clear for common day speach
>>
>>   if( check_boundaries -> a.length <= max_int )
>>       process(a);
>>
>> makes more sence than
>>
>>   if( !check_boundaries || a.length <= max_int )
>>       process(a);
>
> What does that mean? what's 'a' and what's 'check_boundaries'?

Presumably it's obvious within the context from which the example has
been snipped.

What this notation is saying is: If check_boundaries is true, then we
need to check whether a.length <= max_int - otherwise we needn't bother.

But still, it isn't exactly the clearest notation.

<snip>
> Yea, it's easy, sure .. but -> has another totally different meaning in
> C++. Not that I care about C++ anymore, but D, being a C-family
> language, IMHO, shouldn't do this.
<snip>

Taken the words out of my mouth there.

Stewart.

--

My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox.  Please keep replies on
the 'group where everyone may benefit.