Windows ole word automatism / use JUNO

jcc7 technocrat7 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 07:09:48 PST 2006

== Quote from Gregor Kopp (gk at cutcopy.com)'s article
> I have only one last question (hope so).
> I went now from 1 to 5, i got my files - i think all is correctly done.
> If you have some sparetime, can you post me a really small example how
> to use the resulting files?
> Maybe only start a Word, Insert "Hello World" and quit the program?
> Thank you very much in advance, it would be a great help to avoid
> further headache *g*

I've gotten TLibImpD to create some files on Windows 2000/XP, but most of the time
it fails with an "Access Violation". After editing the source code to
Juno/TLibImpD, I've been able to make some progress (such as at least getting
TLibImpD to generate mostly correct files that just need some hand-editing). But
I'm not sure that even that trick helps with the Word header file.

I've come up with a few usage tips:
http://www.dsource.org/projects/juno/wiki/TypeLibraryImporterTips

But that's just a start. There's a lot more that could be said about using
TLibImpD and Juno.

I could try to help getting you started with Word automation (not that I'm an
expert on the topic or anything), but it'd be helpful if you could e-mail the
header file that you've managed to create. I've only created and used headers for
a few COM libraries such as ADODB, MSScriptControl, and Scripting.

By the way, which operating system did you finally manage to get TLibImpD to work
on? WindowsME? Windows98?