Last DMD made me truly breathless -- for the wrong reasons

Wed Nov 15 11:18:22 PST 2006

Anders F Björklund wrote:
> AFAIK, the DM license forbids all re-distribution of the DMD software ?
> So if I made a friendly installer for DMC/DMD, I couldn't distribute it.

Well, that just means your installer can't contain DMC/DMD. It means
mean you'd have to create an installer that just gets it from
ftp.digitalmars.com every time someone needs it. (though this'll likely
be slower than an all-in-one package :( )
But I'd guess an installer containing (up-to-date) GDC plus the popular
libraries would likely be nice too.

It shouldn't even be too hard to hack something up using DSSS + a script
or even GUI...
This, of course, assumes DSSS works the way I think it does, I haven't
tried it yet.