What's left for 1.0?

genie sgenie at maxnet.co.nz
Thu Nov 16 14:00:15 PST 2006

Well, I've been reading the D forums for quite a while with great
interest but the news of upcoming v1 forced me into breaking the
silence. Being an optimist, there are two features that I am dying to
see in D to start using it in our production environment: well-
fledged Win32 support (full SDK) and (ideally) an ability to use
Microsoft DDK for driver development on D - this is the area where D
would shine brightly. But SDK support is probably the biggest issue
for me - I am quite well prepared now to shift some of the projected
work in my company to D but can do that only in Windows platform
infrastructure is ready.

Just my 2c.

Gene