Segregating the standard library

Sat Nov 18 02:44:53 PST 2006

Alexander Panek wrote:
> Also, possibility to link ELF files that can be loaded by Grub or
> similar would be great...don't know if that's possible atm with /link/.

It can certainly be done on Linux. AFAIK you'll need to invoke ld
directly instead of going through dmd, though. Been there, done that,
have the makefile in SVN :).

I'm not aware of a way to make grub-compatible files on Windows (though
there certainly may be one). The main problem there is that ld doesn't
handle OMF, so maybe there are some unknown-to-me options to get optlink
to do this, or there's another linker available somewhere that can
manage it.