Segregating the standard library

Alexander Panek a.panek at brainsware.org
Sat Nov 18 02:59:38 PST 2006

Of course, with GNU binutils you can do that without any problems. Been
there, done that ;) . It'd just be really great to have a 'native'
Digitalmars toolchain that can do the same out of the box - great point
when it comes to marketing in system developing sector.

According to the ease of development on application development level
(mango, DFL, DWT, DSSS, DDL, ... -- god damnit, D is already so great,
btw!) and how different, still integrated, solutions are developed
already, it shouldn't be such big of a problem to create a
standard-way-to-go for lower level applications (such as kernels, real
time applications, and whatnot).

I'll definitely give kernel development a go again as soon as D becomes
1.0 and my schedule is somewhat free.

Alex