What's left for 1.0?

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Sat Nov 18 04:02:41 PST 2006

Walter Bright wrote:

>> However, I don't known how to put in a BOM.
>
> One way is with Notepad - "Save As" and pick UTF-8.

I highly recommend *not* using a BOM with UTF-8,
and instead only use it with UTF-16 and UTF-32...
There are several Unix tools that choke on the BOM,
adding it will make those fail for no added value ?

I think the OP was using a non-Unicode text format,
and as we know that isn't supported at all by D...

More entries for the "D future features not planned":
Q: Will D support non-UTF text editors or consoles ?
A: No. Nein. Non. Nej. いいえ.

--anders