Text in D article

Walter Bright newshound at digitalmars.com
Sat Nov 18 12:14:17 PST 2006

Daniel Keep wrote:
> I really don't like .rtf or .doc (long, painful history with those two),
> and .txt would probably destroy all formatting.  I usually write stuff
> in reStructuredText, but just didn't on this occasion.

I usually send articles around for review in .txt format, that way
everyone can read them. After all the reviews are done, then I format it
into html (using Ddoc) and put up the web page.

The problems with sending around text files in non-text format attached
to postings are:

1) the discussions always seem to focus on how to read the files, rather
than their content

2) when the posting gets archived, the content of the non-text format
becomes inaccessible (it isn't searched by google, either)

That said, I think it's great you're working on a good article on
strings in D. It'll be very helpful.