LLVM

Craig Black cblack at ara.com
Mon Nov 20 10:56:53 PST 2006

LLVM (http://llvm.org/) is a backend for compilers.  It is portable to many
platforms, well documened, and actively developed.  It seems that they are
making great progress with it.

A crazy idea.  Has anyone considered using LLVM with D's front end?  I know
Walter has his own back end, but it's seems hard for one guy to maintain
both a front and back end, and do a good job at both.  Even a programming
god like Walter.  If we had the LLVM team actively developing and innovating
the back end, then Walter could focus on innovating the front end and the D
language.  Just a thought.

-Craig