LLVM

Charlie charlies at nowhere.com
Mon Nov 20 12:23:49 PST 2006

Hmm, I don't think it uses GCC as a backend.

 From the website: We find that LLVM is able to compile C++ into
substantially better code than GCC .

It says it can use the GCC front-end for its LLVM backend, which I think
is the opposite of GDC, which uses DMD front end to produce a tree
usable by GCC backend.

I think DMD Frontend translated to LLVM backend would be completely
independent of GCC, and the more compilers the better!

Charlie