OSNews article about C++09 degenerates into C++ vs. D discussion

Julio César Carrascal Urquijo jcesar at phreaker.net
Mon Nov 20 14:39:49 PST 2006

Bill Baxter wrote:
> This is the kind of comment that scares me.
> How does one reconcile this with Walter's comment "The GC has been
> pretty heavily tested. It's 6 years old, and it's stood up extremely well."
>   --(digitalmars.com digitalmars.D:43916)
>
> --bb

Even if a piece of software is reliable and has been heavily tested
doesn't mean it can't be improved. The current GC has it's shortcomings
and that has been acknowledged by Walter.

That doesn't mean it is unusable (On the contrary), just that under
certain circumstances you should use other implementations and that's
why a pluggable architecture is needed for garbage collection in the
language.