OSNews article about C++09 degenerates into C++ vs. D discussion

Walter Bright newshound at digitalmars.com
Wed Nov 22 13:29:03 PST 2006

Georg Wrede wrote:
> So, fighting with diehards is something that simply belongs to the
> current phase in D's history. And it's not about winning them over, it's
> about the bystanders, the audience, the silent masses.

That's right. I don't expect any of the career C++ people to ever use D.
My purpose in engaging them is to:

1) correct misinformation

2) provide answers to important questions about D

3) discover where glaring weaknesses in D are so they can be dealt with

so that people who are evaluating which language to use will get the
information they need.