implib - what it produces?

Vincent Thorn th at inbox.ru
Thu Nov 23 02:08:42 PST 2006

Hey, jcc!
Thank you VERY much for your help!
I tried your stuff at home and now we have two solutions:

1. Take prepared odbc32.def and create by implib "import library" file.
2. Take M$'s odbc32.lib from VS distribution and convert it by
"coffimplib" to lib file, acceptable by DMD linker.

Anyway, it's VERY IMPORTANT to keep in D distribution fresh and usable
files. It's very annoying to dig Internet
instead of real working.

> I think that Walter has made a tool available that helps with turning a
> .dll into a DMD-compatible .lib, but I don't recall the details.

Theoretically it can be made by pointed "linkdef" utility, but it returns
only USED symbols,
not all.

OK, thanks again, jcc! Will wait for Walter attention...