First steps

%u djg at tramontana.co.hu
Thu Nov 23 03:29:35 PST 2006

I have no accented letters in the comments (although I might need them in some places, I always write
comments in English but my company name has accented letters so the header comment at the beginning
of the file might have accents).

I get UTF-8 errors even if I put nothing in comments, just place a // on a line of its own anywhere. This is
not a problem of editors, I use a plain and simple ASCII (although UTF-capable) editor, also checked the
hex values, there is nothing wrong with the source file but error messages. So, again, plain ASCII file, no
BOM or any other sequence up front, starts with // and the compiler stops with an error.

As far as Opera is concerned, I hven't tried to use it as a newsgroup, just followed the link from the Digital
Mars home page to the forum and the Post link in the lower right corner doesn't work. Interestingly, the
Reply at the bottom of a message already does, so I already can type this message in Opera, only I
couldn't initiate the thread. Some JavaScript programming error, I suppose.

Bye,
  Gábor