OSNews article about C++09 degenerates into C++ vs. D discussion

Steve Horne stephenwantshornenospam100 at aol.com
Thu Nov 23 13:43:03 PST 2006

On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 21:25:29 +0000, Steve Horne
<stephenwantshornenospam100 at aol.com> wrote:

>Well, what I didn't learn is exactly what impact it has on users. As
>soon as I realised there is an impact on users, I felt very nervous.

Just to expand on it...

If you use the 'obsolete' keyword, your users don't get a "this
application uses obsolete code!!!" message every time they start it.
The keyword triggers warnings for developers, not users.

--
Remove 'wants' and 'nospam' from e-mail.