D vs. C#

Andrey Khropov andkhropov_nosp at m_mtu-net.ru
Thu Nov 23 14:05:12 PST 2006

Frank Benoit (keinfarbton) wrote:

> I want to write an article about D. Therefore I want to show more
> details and advantages of D compared to C++, Java and C#. But I never
> used C#.
>
> What are concrete things that are better in D or C#? Can you make examples?

I think the biggest thing is that you have no metaprogramming support in C#
(only type-parametrized classes and functions via generics) whereas you have
templates in D.

Plus DbC and built-in unit testing.

Another good thing C# lacks is aliases (AFAIK only namespace aliases are
supported) and strong typedefs.

Anyway there's a comparison page http://www.digitalmars.com/d/comparison.html

--
AKhropov