OSNews article about C++09 degenerates into C++ vs. D discussion

Steve Horne stephenwantshornenospam100 at aol.com
Thu Nov 23 14:08:53 PST 2006

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 23:56:22 +0000 (UTC), Mike Capp
<mike.capp at gmail.com> wrote:

>Georg Wrede wrote:
>
>> Having such a library would make a huge difference
>> in every C++ vs D discussion! The opposition would
>> have a lot less ammunition against us.
>
>Huh? When did this become an adversarial thing? If you're trying to convince
>someone that D is a better fit for their needs, labelling them "the opposition"
>probably isn't going to help.

Yeah, but, well...

I often get told I'm oversensitive and I take things too literally. My
view is that it happens to everyone.

There obviously is an 'us' in this issue, and at least one 'them'. And
there is a disagreement between the 'us' and 'them' groups. No matter
how benign and constructive the intent is, adversarial language can be
hard to avoid.

--
Remove 'wants' and 'nospam' from e-mail.