D vs. C#

Antonio antonio at abrevia.net
Fri Nov 24 01:54:55 PST 2006

Dave escribió:
> antonio wrote:
>> Frank Benoit (keinfarbton) wrote:
>>> I want to write an article about D. Therefore I want to show more
>>> details and advantages of D compared to C++, Java and C#. But I never
>>> used C#.
>>>
>>> What are concrete things that are better in D or C#? Can you make
>>> examples?
>>
>> best on c#
>>
>> framework
>> documentation
>> debugger
>> Microsoft Integrated Developement Environment (IDE :-) )
>>
>> Very good "guides" for framework extensibility (ex: connection with a
>> different SGBD are very standardized...you can find really good
>> implementations of ado.net for PostgreSQL, Firebird.  D Database
>> access is ridiculous... because D has not a proposal for standard
>> database connectivity )
>>

> What about all of the C DB libs. out there? D can use those whereas C#
> really can't (well, it could, but with poor performance (interop), which
> would defeat the purpose).
Object Orientation give us the posibility of a great API:  "backwards"
compatibility must not forece us to "think" on C APIS... (imagine using
8086 non protected model... i386 allows you to do it, but you can't
imagine a good operative system without CPU memory protection support
becaus he has to mantain "backward" compatibility with 8086 memory model).

The main thing here is "unified way to"... there is a lot of C libraries
for data acces... The "lovely" way is to select only one standarization
choice (Object Orientation, please):  escape of simple C libraries
API... free your mind.

C Database libraries are the basis.  D OOFramework is the
infraestructure "high" level programmers need.