D vs. C#

Dave Dave_member at pathlink.com
Sat Nov 25 20:11:24 PST 2006

Bill Baxter wrote:
> Unknown W. Brackets wrote:
>
>> Also, I disagree with your comments on C#; I don't believe it was
>> designed as the way to access the framework.  In fact, I think .NET
>> smells much stronger of Visual Basic .NET than of C#.  But that's
>> really an opinion.
>
> And the smell of "NotJava .NET" is pretty strong too.
>
> --bb

Funny thing is, I think that most of the runtime and big chunks of the .NET library can trace their
roots back to MS Visual J++ <g>

Was .NET announced before or after Sun won the judgement? (I can't remember). It may turn out that
MS lost the battle but won the war on that one, if losing Java was the impetus for .NET anyhow.